How to make principal-only payments in online banking
This feature is also available in our mobile app. See our mobile device instructions for more details.
Easily make principal-only payments on your loans and mortgages through online banking.
- Sign in to online banking.
- Select Transfer & Payments.
- Under Transfers, select Transfer funds.
- Choose an account to Transfer from.
- Under Transfer to, select My account.
- Select the mortgage or loan you’d like to apply the funds to (you can also rename your mortgage and loan under Accounts, Customize accounts).
- Under Transfer details, enter the Amount. Please note, this is a principal-only payment and does not replace your next scheduled payment.
- Choose a transfer type (Immediate, Scheduled, or Recurring).
- Add a memo (optional).
- Review your account details. Please ensure you are within your prepayment limits before continuing (if applicable).
- Press Continue.
- Confirm your transfer details and press Continue.
- If at any time you change your mind about sending the payment, simply select Cancel at the bottom of the page.
Note: This does not replace your regularly scheduled payments. If you wish to pay your loan off completely, please call us at 1.800.728.6440 or visit any of our branches, and we’ll be happy to help.