The Foreign Currency (Forex) market can be volatile and carry substantial risk. It is not the place to put any money that you cannot afford to lose, such as retirement funds, as you can lose most or all of it very quickly.
Means of contact
- Online and traditional advertising
You are presented with an opportunity to invest on the foreign exchange (Forex) market. They are promising big returns as part of a unique group privy to this special investment opportunity.
- Offers investment opportunities with exceptionally large returns
- Provides credibility by claiming to have special credentials or experience
- Advises you that other savvy people have already invested, and offering to reduce fees if you invest
- Claims it's a limited-time offer and creating a false sense of urgency
- Secret or "special exclusive offers" for certain individuals only
- Money transfer or wires requests to foreign accounts
- Overly complicated investment structures
- Unregistered salespeople who have no license or registration to sell — contact the Manitoba Securities Commission