Add your debit card to Samsung Pay, and easily pay for purchases with your Samsung phone.
Get started with Samsung Pay
What you’ll need:
1. An eligible Samsung device
- Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Galaxy S8 & S8+
- Galaxy S7 & S7 edge
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge & S6 edge+
- Galaxy Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 5
- Galaxy A8 / A5
2. Your debit card
Add a card to Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay comes preinstalled on most recent Samsung phones. If you don't have the app, you can download it from Galaxy Apps or the Google Play store. You’ll need to be signed in to your Samsung account to use Samsung Pay.
- Open Samsung Pay and register your Samsung Pay PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your debit card.
- Select your preferred method to verify the card. If you’ve provided your email or cell phone number to SCU, you can choose to receive a text message or email. Otherwise, you’ll need to call our Member Contact Centre at 1.800.728.6440.
- Select your desired security or authentication options. You can choose to enter a PIN, or fingerprint or iris scan each time you make a purchase.
- You’re all set to start using Samsung Pay!
Looking to add your Collabria® credit card? Visit our partner site:
Using Samsung Pay
- From the lock screen, swipe up from the home button or open the Samsung Pay app.
- Select your debit card and authorize the payment using either your PIN, fingerprint, or iris scan.
- Hold your phone over the payment terminal to complete your transaction.
Everyday purchases made easy
Simply add your debit or credit card to your mobile wallet and pay with your phone.Explore our mobile wallet products
Samsung Pay Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Samsung Pay is currently only available on eligible Samsung devices. Samsung Pay is available on these latest Samsung devices:
Galaxy S9 & S9+
Galaxy S8 & S8+
Galaxy S7 & S7 edge
Galaxy S6, S6 edge & S6 edge+
Galaxy Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 5
Galaxy A8 / A5
Refunds are initiated by the Merchant at the POS terminal following the same process as a purchase within Samsung Pay. The key difference is that you may be asked to provide the cashier the last four digits of your Device Account Number or Digital Card Number instead of the last few digits of your physical debit card number.
- The digital card number is created from your debit card, and is used for all of the payments made through Samsung Pay. You can find this number on your phone by:
- Opening Samsung Pay
- Clicking on the image of your debit card
- This will bring up a window that shows your recent transactions, and card details, including “Digital card number”.
Successful refunds will be processed immediately to your account.
- Open the Samsung Pay app.
- Select Wallet, and then the Credit/ Debit tab
- Select the card you want to remove, and then select More Options (the three dots at the top of the screen).
- Touch Delete Card and then choose a reason for removing the card.
Touch Delete and authenticate using your PIN, fingerprint, or iris scan.
®The Collabria Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
®Interac, the Interac logo and Interac Flash are trademarks of Interac Corp., used under licence.
© 2017 Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung and Samsung Galaxy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used with permission. Screen images simulated.