How to open new accounts in the mobile app
This feature is also available in online banking. See our online banking instructions for more details.
Using online banking or our mobile app, you can open new personal chequing and savings accounts in a matter of minutes:
- Sign in to the SCU mobile app.
- On the main menu, select Accounts.
- Under Chequing or Savings, select Open account.
- Swipe left or right to choose an account type and press Open account.
- Enter the account details. Some of these details will change depending on the type of account you are opening, but Account name and Intended use are always required. You also have the option to:
○ Give your account a custom nickname
○ Add funds into your account immediately
- Review your account details and select Continue. The account will immediately be opened and will appear in your account list.
- Press Done.
Note: this feature is available for select personal savings and chequing accounts only. If you’re looking to open another account, please call us at 1.800.728.6440 or visit one of our branches.