You’re not alone. Whether you’ve fallen victim to fraud or have received a suspicious email or text, your first step is to report it.
Phone number: 1.800.728.6440
If you find yourself victim of online fraud, the first step is to contact us immediately. We’ll work with you to determine what steps you need to take to ensure your computer and online account are safe. Depending on the fraudulent activity that occurred, you may need to follow some or all of these steps in order to regain access to online banking:
- Have your computer professionally wiped (not cleaned) and provide written proof (invoice) from the computer company before online access can be granted.
- Change all passwords once online banking privileges have been re-instated.
- Visit your nearest SCU branch to change your Member Identification Code (MIC code) and obtain a new debit card and new PIN.
- Carefully review all account activity to check for unauthorized transactions.
2. Your credit card providers
SCU Collabria cards: 1.855.341.4643
Check your online or paper statement for any fraudulent activity that you can report. In addition, credit card providers typically offer 24/7 service for cardholders whose cards have been lost or stolen.
3. Credit bureaus
Fraudulent accounts can harm your credit score in the future. Contact credit bureaus to inform them of the incident so your account can be flagged as a preventive measure against identity theft.
4. The Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre
Phone number: 1.888.495.8501
Help protect others by reporting the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. Get direct access to their online reporting system by clicking here.
5. Local police authorities and agencies
Be sure to report the incident to your local authorities, because you may need a police report number as proof the fraud occurred. You also may need to contact MPI, Manitoba Health, and Service Canada Centre.
®The Collabria Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
®Equifax and the Equifax marks used herein are trademarks of Equifax Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
*The Collabria Visa Card is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Visa. *Trademark of Visa Int., used under license.